The Simplex “Gentle Blow” hammer is available with a robust malleable cast iron (SST) casing for general use and in light metal (SSL) for special uses. The hammer inserts and the Amazon handle are gripped in a malleable cast iron or light metal casing by means of a hex socket screw.
Especially useful for hammering down winding heads in stators when rewinding, to make space for next coil group. Nylon inserts do not damage windings. Hammer assembly comes in 5 different hitting surface sizes and 2 inserts of the specified size. Insert can be purchased individually for additional versatility.
TPE, soft blue (TP)
- Soft stroke. Surface hardness approx. 65 A. Acid and alkali resistant. Ideal for plate bearings in combination with TPE-mid grey.
Rubber Composite, Black (GK)
- Medium-hard stroke. Surface hardness approx. 95 A. Rubber/textile fiber composition. For diverse applications.
Plastic, red (PL)
- Hard stroke, transparent plastic. Grease and oil resistant. Most commonly used item.
Superplastic, white (SP)
- Medium-hard stroke. Very tough and unbreakable plastic. Grease and alkali resistant. Especially suitable for hammering edges.
Nylon, white (NY)
- Very hard stroke. Excellent impact effect due to high elasticity. Grease and oil resistant. For powerful positioning strokes.
TPE, mid grey (PV)
- Medium hard stroke. Surface hardness approx. 90 A. Leaves no color traces. For woodworking and furniture industry.
Soft metal, silver (WM)
- Maximum impact force. Special light metal alloy with added copper. A replacement for conventional copper and lead hammers.